Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Sky is Falling

Whelp, couldn't get much truer than this. The neighbors found someone to cut down the dying two story high vine looking thing that separates our yards the same morning the city is trimming the palm trees the same day Larry the Gardener is here the same day the cleaning ladies are here. I can't get in my driveway because the city chipper is literally blocking me out - as they are similarly blocking my poor cleaning ladies in. I'm not worrying about it though - everyone is an adult and they will all figure it out... presumably.

Meanwhile Steve is working at Abby's pre-school today in an effort to help baby not to drop. Can't wait to hear back on how it goes and what he thinks... Wish I could get a picture of him sat next to Abby on those little toddler size chairs during snack time.

I had stress dreams about it all night. I dreamed first that we lived much farther away and that Grandpa wanted to take us to breakfast before school but we had to leave by the time we found the place and Steve left earlier to get to right classroom (i.e. so he was working with Abby's class and not one of the others) but when I got there he wasn't there and the only assignment left was the 'dirt' assignment (which was a part of the school I'd never seen before). It was the back area and they had mounds of...you guessed it: dirt. Some with snakes living in them, others with like vegetable experiments.

Anyway I walked around wondering what in the heck had happened to Steve, annoyed that we were an hour early and yet all the other working parents had already showed up to take the assignment I had wanted for Steve. Turns out (remember this is still my dream) that Steve had been driving around to all the grocery stores looking for mini-cupcakes because we'd had some sort of misunderstanding (dream Steve was WAY off base as the cupcake portion of the dream materialized way after the last time I'd seen him) about snack etc. And... luckily thats about when I woke up.

1 comment:

diane said...

I think you should avoid dreaming at all costs...or perhaps you could go back to the vegetable dreams.