Sunday, November 04, 2007

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Took some Christmas photos for Beth and Robert today because November gets so busy... and we didn't want to wait and end up not having time if the baby came. Plus, I needed Steve's help and after this weekend that option was no longer going to be available.

Now, I would love to share some of them, but as these will probably end up as Christmas cards from Beth & Robert I don't want to spoil them... So... I thought I'd make it really small and count on the honor of those who read this who may get a Christmas card from Beth and Robert *NOT* to click on the photo to make it bigger, k?

Scout's honor?

Awwh, who are you kidding?

I can't trust you!

Okay, I picked one that wasn't one of Beth's favorites therefore unlikely to be used...


Anyway, as usual Steve was the star in composition and even actual photography. This seems unfair. I am supposed to be the artsy one. Oh well, I'm over it.

Still, even amidst my bitterness, I'm always impressed with his design talents. SO what I learned from him today: Don't forget the fantasticness of zoom and take the time to check your composition. I am usually preoccupied with getting people out and finished (anxious in other words - bad... going to work on that) and basically just trusting that I'll get enough good pictures to work with. But even though there was a baby involved, Steve still took the time to test a few different compositions - not all of them worked, but a few really did and were really different.

Course one thing I think I still have on him? Hyper feminine paranoia. In other words, I don't think he can appreciate that a woman is not going to pick a picture in which her arm looks big no matter how perfect the composition, color, or smile.

1 comment:

Creative Mama said...

AAAAdorable... look at those cute teeth!!!