Thursday, November 01, 2007

Okay, well November SECOND sounds SO good...

So I failed at making today better.

On my way to small group I noticed the defroster wasn't doing much then... odd how there was this vaporous steam like substance rising up from my car... it couldn't possibly be. Oh look, the little needle is on H... and oh look I'm in the inside lane of two freeway only turn lanes. Gotta get on the freeway as I call Steve and tell him with no where near hysterical laughing (I swear, no one had to slap me) that yes, on this very same day our OTHER car was in trouble.

I find my way to a gas station, calling my bro and dad who both suggest we not burn our faces off. Wait for Steve. And enjoy the irony of the day.

Jiffy Lube happens to still be open across the street so we hop over there and get all the fluids done. It seems to do the trick until Steve starts experimenting with the air/heat/defrost system. Then the needle freaks out again. SO at least we know he can get it to the dealer without overheating as long as he doesn't use any of the air system in the morning.

So, a little autopsy on the day. We did fairly well. We weren't annoyed at the world or each other all day long. The most anxious I got was driving to the gas station (I have overheated one car to death in my life and was hoping not to do it again) and then at the end trying to get the stupid seat belt to buckle in the borrowed Q over Abby's old car seat. I lost it a little there, but hey, it has been a LONG day. Steve is back out for the fifth time or so today - at least I am home. Free to drown my sorrows in Oreos an milk. Which is what I plan on doing right....



now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have got to be kidding me. what a day...

diane said...

There IS something about cookies that make the world seem right.

Aaron said...

At least your face isn't burned off.

Creative Mama said...

ok... but only one bag ...