Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Shower of Adrea

My friends and family threw an absolutely fantastic Baby Shower for me and Jack today. I was so surprised at just how fun and simple and nice a shower can be. I had time to talk with everyone who wasn't of course busy scurrying around making me comfortable, I sat with the year old babies (there were several), had a sister-in-law running around taking pictures - the generosity was just ridiculous (in the nice way)... I feel complete and total calm that all the important things are purchased.

But I have to say, amidst the love and generosity, amidst the irreplaceable homemade and from the heart gifts (Jen knitted [everyone was jealous], my mom and Zoozy quilted, Sarah sewed and painted signs) there was one thing that touched me beyond all else... and I simply can't keep the truth in any longer...

*Pictured below: Samantha and Megan telling me not to say what I'm about to say


The food... it was mine!!! All mine!!!!! Yummmmmmmmmmm. Thank you everyone!!!!!

3 comments:

Juliana Shain said...

All yours, as in you made it all...or ate it all?

Creative Mama said...

hehehe.... ALL of it was made with her in mind....

Ada said...

Yup, enchiladas and turtle cookies and nachos and chips and salsa and chocolate cake (my special recipe) and... guac...