Friday, November 16, 2007

Nester, no Nesting!

I don't think anyone that reads this blog is familiar with Dora, the Explorer, but in it there is a character "Swiper" the fox who comes around every episode and steals something unless Dora (and the kids at home) can say "Swiper! No Swiping!" in time.

I've got the urge, man, I've got the urge to nest and all that comes into my mind is, "No Nesting!" but in the "Swiper, no Swiping" tone.

I went into a store to Christmas shop today and all I wanted to was to buy clothes that would work directly postpartum.

I walked into my garage to see the pregnancy clothes bins and wanted to start putting my pregnancy clothes away.

I want to pack my hospital bag.

Steve gets on a plane tomorrow. I am not allowed to nest. "Nester, no Nesting!"

On a serious note... we went to dinner last night and I asked if he wanted me to do anything for him while he was gone household-wise and he said, "Just don't have the baby." *sigh* The ONE time he's sentimental and I have virtually no control over the outcome. He then reassured me and told me not to feel bad if it happened.

But it won't. Technically that would be a MONTH early which is just way too early for me. So, it's all good. 11 days... I can wait 11 days.

8 comments:

Dave said...

Birther, no birthing!

Dave said...

"I don't think anyone that reads this blog is familiar with Dora, the Explorer"

ahem... koff! koff!

Ada said...

Well sure, I'm sure you see her image everywhere but somehow I don't picture you and your co-workers actually watching the shows (especially the shows you aren't animating) during your break times!!

Lori said...

I echo Dave - ahem! I am familiar with Dora, although I must admit that I'm not as into them as Rachel.

Ada said...

You're not?! Darn, I guess I have to return that Dora sweatshirt I got you.

Creative Mama said...

OF COURSE I know DORA ... you silly... no nesting.

Juliana Shain said...

EXCUSE ME!!! Another protester here! And you forgot to mention her little monkey friend with the fabulous red boots. And backpack--the thing my precious was most excited about for her first day of school.

You underestimate!!!

Ada said...

wow, allright then, assumer, no assuming!