Sunday, November 18, 2007

Exhausted...


I cannot describe what a total kick it is to see my daughter (people-loving, adventure-needing, anywhere-but-home-girl) being so totally exhausted at the end of the day that, though slightly hyper on a fun-high, she doesn't even have the energy to try and extend bedtime.

Operation Turkey has been a resounding success so far. Friday brought Poppa as per their usual adventure with a finish at Gramma's. Saturday started off with new silly playmates (i.e. My mom's old roommate and her husband visiting) and ended with the normal church and family dinner extravaganza (with a little extra Auntie thrown in for fun).

Today, Abby had breakfast with Dave and Kirsten (in which I hear she ordered the pancakes but preferred to eat all of Kirsten's french toast instead). They went to the flower market where Abby chose some rainbow-esque flowers. Then it was off to a Banning adventure with MarySue and Kirsten and apparently some other mini-adventures along the way. THEN (because Zoozy is a bit of a soft-hearted grandma) it was off to Target for puzzle shopping.

Abby, Samantha and I then built the puzzles, and played Princess 'Memory' in which Abby really did beat us. I mean she took some liberties with her turn - but she really did beat us fair and square in the simple mission of remembering where the other match was.

We brought dinner over to Zoozy & Grandpa's house and the day was done.

And I had *so* much of the day that I actually very slowly and un-stressfully got the upstairs ready for Gladys on Tuesday (I'll gently tackle the downstairs tomorrow)... with little naps along the way.

Monday brings school and fun with Becky
Tuesday brings school and fun with Claire and Pearl
Wednesday brings school, the school Stone Soup Party, and the eagerly awaited Coronado Adventure!!!

My daughter, in short, is one happy, hyper, chickie.

1 comment:

Albert said...

And what bliss to see my little girl so happy!
p.s Writer's block is no more.