Saturday, November 24, 2007

Cuddles...

Well, I expect to get some cuddles today from my little girl. I've missed her quite a bit. And I've figured out with the time difference that Steve is taking off from his first return leg home our time Sunday midnight.

Two more days. No whammies, no whammies, no whammies...

While they've been gone, my mom and I (mostly my mom) have been busy making changes around here. Of course I didn't take any before pictures because I'm always so discouraged and disbelieving that there will be after pictures before we start a project, I never want to stop and take a picture.

SO, those of you that have been around the house and have seen our huge mistake of a dresser, my mom and I have converted that to a rainbow fun dresser for Abby's room, brought up the floral chair I had embarrassingly covered since I realized the day it was delivered... Oh, that floral really looks... floral doesn't it? and moved things around.














In Jack's temporary room we brought the daybed up from downstairs, my mom painted an old Ikea dresser and our old little bin thingee, set up the pack n' play and changed bedding on that twin bed (and brought the rocker in from Abby's room).

Downstairs, my mom had Robert and my Dad take off the huge broken closet doors from the end of the hall closet and we're making that into a toy closet. The toy room is now going to be a nice guest room which will conveniently hide a place to keep my books. The guest bed from upstairs now takes up most of that room down there and Steve's clothes will most likely end up down there.

I'm sorting my clothes and being generally easily discouraged. ;) Not realllllllly, we got news this weekend that we'll definitely be able to afford a new couch once we find one we want- that is hugely exciting. And all the changes we have made with the house have all worked out a lot better than I expected.

No comments: