Friday, January 02, 2009

Actually

Sometimes Abby needs Mommy time especially. She feels sometimes that I'm kissing Jack a lot and not her, or talking to Jack a lot more than her. This is often true, as Jack is attached to me quite often. So, as I'm lucky enough to have such an emotionally aware daughter, she tells me when those times are, and I sit with her and we just chat together.

Always curious about what Abby thinks of things... I ask her a lot of questions. This day I asked her what she wanted her husband to be like.

At first I would give her two options.

Do you want him to be Serious or Silly? Serious
...Tall or Short? Tall
... Strong or weak? Strong
Do you want him to like Cars or Science? Baseball
...Dogs or Cats? Dogs... AND cats, actually, dogs and cats both.
...Piano or Guitar? Piano
...Chicken or Pizza? Pizza
...Paint or Camera? I want him to paint pictures of all his kids and his wife
Beard or no beard? No beard
Do you want him to wear a hat or no hat? What kind of hat? [its up to you] Yeah, like a boy's hat, sure.

Then she'd really get into the swing of things, so I started writing it all down so I wouldn't forget:

I want him to have hair like Jack and feet like Jack.
I want him to be ticklish (I thought this meant play tickle, but she means just him be ticklish, not herself)

Finally when I asked her:

Do you want him to like Cars or Planes?

Actually I want him to like trabbeling. We can go meet a friend, and go to Disneyland, and we could go to Chicago, and to Africa, to Hawaii where Jon & Kate plus 8 went... just everywhere all the days.

I want him to like to pick flowers with me

I want our house to be very pretty and sparkles in the midnight.

I want him to exercise and teach my kids to do exercise.

I want him to wrestle and jump alot with us, maybe play pillow fight.

She came over toward the middle to survey my list and she pointed to it:
When I grow up, I'm going to show this {list] to my boyfriend


edited to add:
She again mentioned hair by saying, "I want his hair to be like this" and motioning quite plainly buzzed hair. "Like Daddy's?" She nodded, "Yeah, just like Daddy's"

"On Christmas Eve I want my stocking ot be a Princess and my boyfriend's stocking to be a Prince stocking"

"I want him to tell me to go to bed when I can't go to bed"

I wrote down some note about Coronado and Pasadena, but I don't remember what she said about them.

2 comments:

Jen Gray said...

That is so absolutely freaking adorable. Love it. What a great idea to write it all down. She's such a sweetheart!

Albert said...

Reading it is almost as perfect as being there with her. I don't do enough chatting with her at our mall soirees. I'm too engrossed with the visuals of her - and taking direction for the next scheduled treat.