Monday, January 05, 2009

Orange Sale 2009!!!

Sales start now through me, or 10am tomorrow thru the website www.ansoranges.com

California Navel Oranges
$25 full crate (40lbs)
$16 1/2 crate
$11 1/4 crate

Arizona Ruby Grapefruit
$21 full crate (40 lbs)
$15 1/2 crate
$10 1/4 crate

The growers have said the Oranges are significantly larger this year - fyi.

The fruit is famous for lasting weeks if you keep it in the garage, so don't be intimidated by the size.

I need to sell 35 crates of fruit. This is Abby's preschool's only fundraiser (which is a gift to you and me don't you think?) and it's been the same for 57 years. Can you believe that? I think that is so cool. I couldn't get a hold of one of my families (we get previous customer info from previous ANS families that have left) for a week and they called the school panicked that they hadn't got their order in! I'd say that's one successful fundraiser.

Er hmmm, have I mentioned that if I don't sell it I still have to buy it... and I don't really even like oranges and grapefruit?

A $20 donation counts as a crate of fruit - we still have to try to sell 25 real crates... so ... either one. If you live more than an hour away from me, please don't buy an actual crate from me ;) I love you you East coasters but... um... I'm not delivering fruit to you. Please consider donating a crate of fruit to the Food Pantry (done all automatically) or just making a cash donation (please, pretty please?)

We pick it up January 31 and I must have it out of my house by February 2nd!!

If you buy or donate online both Sarah and I are selling, so make sure to choose M. Scheidler if you want to donate to Sarah's Orange tally and A. Scheidler if you want to donate to mine... this is her first sale and you all remember how freaked out I was (she is not as easily freaked, but still) so feel free to throw me to the curb. OR just donate like ten bucks to mine... and buy a crate from her... or just buy from me if you love me best, you know, however it works out.

I'll be giving you regular reports on how it's going, my mental state, and so on.

Thank you all who have helped us in the past, I can't tell you what a relief it is to go into this knowing I'll make the quota because of all you wonderful people.

Go Orange Sale '09

1 comment:

Creative Mama said...

thanks ada..
love,
slightly stressed sarah