Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Fake Driveway

You leave Abby and Steve alone for too long and they cook up plans. Big plans.

I randomly heard that they were going to have a fake driveway in the garage last week. I thought that meant they were going to pretend to serve fastfood because that's what Abby calls the "drive-thru."

Whatever it was, I could tell, something in Abby's voice, that it was VERY important to her. The name sometimes changed, driveway, drive out, drive...

Finally, once steve brought home the projector I realized it was a fake Drive IN.

Steve set up the projector, brought out blankets and pillows and they watched a movie against the garage wall. How cute is that? Abby LOVED it.

2 comments:

Lori said...

What a great idea! If it wasn't 50 degrees for the high here today, that would be a fun thing for James & Rachel to do. We've had a few movie nights recently where we put on a movie in the living room and have our dinner in there, usually once Ben has been put down. We don't generally let Rachel have any screen time (TV or computer) after dinner, so I think she feels like that's a fun special night when we do that. We watched "The Polar Express" on Christmas Eve while we had all kinds of snacky foods. The snacky foods ("nibbles") are my family's tradition from growing up and it's now translated to us. We ended up watching that movie last year when we had to make plans on the afternoon of Christmas Eve to celebrate here rather than with my in-laws in Silverdale, and it was just a nice relaxed evening, so we decided to do the same one this year. I think the movie-and-nibbles thing is something we'll do every year, although I'm sure we'll vary the movie.

At any rate, a drive in would be a cool idea for us to do when the weather's warmer if we can come up with a good setup for it.

Albert said...

Steve is my absolute hero.