Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lights

Abby is scared to go to bed everynight and wants as many lights on as absolutely possible. We finally caved last week and even allowed the little chandelier above her bed on - in addition to the closet, the Christmas tree, the hall and the bathroom.

My dad (the guy with the psychology knowledge) talked to her for a couple minutes last night and suggested we put no limits on the light for one night and negotiate after that.

So her overhead light was on as well last night.

AND without prompting or suggesting or me even knowing she wore this to bed:



Like literally had it over her eyes.

Hmmmm... SOMETHING tells me its not about the dark?

6 comments:

Jen Gray said...

Ok, here's my take:

It could still be about the lights. Except, it's not about LIGHT, it's about the lights being there in case she needs it...only she gets to pull the eye shade over her eyes and CONTROL when she sees the light. So, in a way, you're right, it's NOT about the lights, quite, it's just about the ability to control the fear factor of the darkness.

And I have a degree in psychology: two degrees, in fact. ; )

She looks so adorable with the eye mask, by the way, very Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Ada said...

Allllll right I'll buy that... now... would you mind FIXING her?

Jen Gray said...

Ha! I take no responsibility for my diagnoses, sorry. ; )

Creative Mama said...

seriously. adorable.

Creative Mama said...

and. I'm afraid of the dark too.

Albert said...

Me too!