Monday, December 01, 2008

When Doves Cry...

Holy Crud. Jack was sick last week. And you'd think our house had crumbled to the ground.

Jack does not take being sick well. He is pretty mad about the whole thing. Colic? Never had to deal with it... but I finally get it. HOURS of crying - nothing helped. Steve and I set up shifts. I'd sleep until midnight, then take the midnight to 5am shift, then Steve would get up with Jack for the rest of the morning. That's IF I wasn't insane by 4am in which case Steve got an hour LESS of sleep.

Then God gave us Thanksgiving. And Jack was on his way up. He slept three nights with Gramma mostly because two of those nights he slept all the way thru the night with her. So, ha! Guess what? She got a bonus night.

I can't say that I have enough presence of mind to think of the past and miss Jack's smile and his laugh, but oh how much more I appreciate those things and him, his non-sick personality, now that they are back with full force.

I love this boy. Even though he's crying right now (he really, like Abby, would rather sleep with a loved one, thank you very much). Last night, as I kept him in his crib he would just hold my hand and if he started to get up I'd remind him I leave the room when he gets up, so he'd lay back down. It was cute. It was 3:30-5am but it was cute all the same.

No comments: