Thursday, December 11, 2008

Disneyland (without the blister whining)

Ah, waiting in line at Disneyland - or... as I like to think of it... captive photography models.

This is Jack texting Jayson:

my mad no lookie elph skills proven again
Ending the night with a twirl...
Zoozy got Abby the coolest boots ever that just so happened to work with her Christmas dress.

Caiah took to the car in toontown like a fish to water... a really happy excited fish to water... While Abby took her job as "GET OUT OF THE ROAD" yeller very seriously.
Not to be outdone, Caiah helped clear the road when it was Abby's turn to drive.

Aren't they stylin? You know, I think they might be too cool. I think I should upload an old family picture to make sure they don't get too over-inflated.
Who's drivin this thing?
Hmmm...





The old - strangle Grandpa with Grandkids ninja move.

Whelp, tradition is awesome. I think that is my motto this year. We worked really hard not to skip traditions last year (it is not easy to get anywhere when adjusting a newborn into a family and healing from very uncomfortable unfortunate... birth like problems). We had a good time last year but there were some bad moments - probably moments I'll forget.

So this year - with a toddly giddy one year old, the traditions seem made for us. Disneyland was Christmas tradition #1 this year and oh boy did we make the most of it.

Jack spent twenty minutes in the Bug's Life water play section of California Adventure - it took him a while to notice or care about the water spouting up all around him - he was more interested in the spongy floor. He LOVED it. He just kept walking around in circles squeaking and squealing with joy every now and then.

Abby went on Dumbo with Daddy (borrowed his shades as it was quite bright outside), the Whale one with me, Caiah, and Sarah, It's a Small World with the WHOLE family, we ALL had churros. Then, proving that Abby is not confined by my issues, Abby went on her very first roller coaster (in toon town). She asked to go on it - Daddy went with her and at the end she said, in a very wobbly shaky voice, "That was really fun"

Ha!

Then it was time for the Christmas party. I don't think I've missed a DPS Christmas party in eleven or twelve years. Hmm... that seems crazy. I might be wrong on that.

Anyway, we had a great time!

3 comments:

Albert said...

I'm giggling at hearing of Jack's excitement and Abby's screaming on her ride. What a pleasure!

Dave said...

"The whale one"? For your sake, dear Adrea, I will attempt to steer Shannon clear of this blog for the next couple days.

One more thing - I took Wesley on the Toon Town roller coaster about a year ago and I'm fairly sure he won't be getting on another one for the next ten years.

Ada said...

Good Wesley and I can hold everyone's coats while they go on those horrible contraptions.

Shannon has to accept the truth about me and Disneyland sooner or later...