Sunday, December 14, 2008

One of the Many Reasons

I like Steve:

So Abby had a sleepover in Camarillo Friday night and a sleepover at Disneyland on Wednesday night. Needless to say, things have not been routine. So last night, I wasn't too surprised when she panicked slightly as I left for her to go to sleep.

In the middle of our talk about it, Jack was in need of something or other and I mentioned to Steve about the situation. He suggested that she just didn't want to go to bed, and that the fear was more of a cover up (which HAS been true). I, not arguing, agreed, but said it seemed pretty genuine.

Steve goes on up to Abby's room and is gone for ten minutes before my curiosity gets the best of me.

I find Steve and Abby laying side by side on the bed, (Steve's legs hanging off the end), discussing candy and making jokes. They are just talking. Abby sits up when she sees me and requests more time to talk to Daddy and I leave them there - chatting about life in general.

Abby goes to bed without a fuss ten minutes later.

1 comment:

Juliana Shain said...

Awww....so sweet.

Candy and jokes from her daddy. What more could a girl want?