Sunday, December 21, 2008

Addicted to the Cuddle

So, as my mom and I try to finish the Christmas book for this year, we've settled on working nights since the kids do not help our productivity and the idea is that they will be asleep. Steve was taking care of Jack Saturday night and I thought, oh I'll just have Abby sleep on the couch while we work at my mom's. This did not work out too terribly well because Abby was too keyed up by the excitement to sleep and I didn't want to waste thirty minutes being stern with her.

Anyway, so instead, she "helped" by handing us paper when we needed it and cutting the thread when we needed it and so on.

At one point she looked at the sample book which is held together by two big silver clamps and has the cover she chose on it (my mom told her she was a big girl now so she gets her own book) and she said, "Can I hold it?" And Gramma said "Yes." and Abby looked toward the couch, "Can I take it to the couch to... cuddle with it?"

(to prove there is NOTHING cuddle-worthy about what she was talking about - THIS is what she was holding*)


*different cover - her cover has a blue drum on it

2 comments:

Creative Mama said...

lol... o I love abby!

diane said...

...uh an additonal note about the "helping" and specifically the cutting of the thread: You see, as I was cleaning up I found several chunks of rich brown hair scattered among the debris. As my hair is grey and Ada's is almost black...I can only assume that my confidence in Abby's ability to handle large sissors was a tad misplaced.