Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I did say...

That the true irony of Steve's trip was going to be that after all the worrying baby would end up going the full 40 weeks. I am, oddly enough, suddenly more at peace with not progressing now that I've had the contractions and they've basically fizzled. Because at least my body is doing something.

Because before Steve got back I would have said I had no problem waiting til 40 weeks - I have been emotionally prepared for this, it's all good.

BUT as time passed and nothing was happening, that was annoying.

THEN the contractions were so consistent for so long and yet not progressing and that was annoying.

NOW I'm at an impasse... Still feeling like I may be pregnant forever - not terribly impressed with Jack's gymnastics as he is now just a fixture of my body - although now, I have the added fun of contractions with my eternal pregnancy. (a shout out here to Maggie who is may not be eternally pregnant but has had eternal contractions... hmmm... a tad worse me thinks).

AND it's sorta cool to feel the contractions because I seriously had forgotten what they felt like. They're just the "Ow?" sort of contractions not the sort that make me go into my bat cave.

So right, just fyi people, nuthin happening today progress wise -which I can honestly say, is totally fine. However, I still am not exactly open to chatting about it. I'd rather just sort of live on without paying it all too much heed until I need to.

I promise you all are on a list of some sort to be notified when we're at the hospital and they decide to keep us AND a list of those to be notified of the birth. Auntie Samantha has it all covered.

1 comment:

Creative Mama said...

so glad your feeling peaceful about the timing AND that we all have Auntie Sam to help us in times like these... she's just soo reliable...