Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Hosting Christmas



We hosted Christmas Eve and Christmas this year because MarySue and David's house is under construction and I thought it might be easier on me with a two and half week old baby. It definitely was easier with the baby being home.

It was really odd though to be hosting without being the hostess. My mom, Sarah, MarySue and Samantha did everything while I sat around mostly in my pjs and fuzzy socks. Usually as hostess I'd be running around, doing the social butterfly thing. Instead I was a little set apart, a little removed, but not in a sad or lonely way... just in a "I had a baby two weeks ago way" and having the freedom to be that way is really nice. Because I think if I were a guest somewhere I would actually have felt more obligated to be more outgoing and alert... which I just don't feel like being at the moment. I mean, inside I feel outgoing and happy and alert, but it doesn't seem to break the surface. I think that's just general exhaustion though and ... you should all probably get used to it since I actually got a ton of sleep while my mom was here!

SO, favorite pictures:



Little Drummer Boy


Steve arranged the fire


Abby and our Godchildren

cuddled on the couch
How many people does it take to put together a round puzzle?



No comments: