Saturday, December 29, 2007

I am a MAC

So I think having a baby was like getting a software update. I needed to reboot. Even though I was plugging along okay, I was stuck between new and old - hitting snags. My normal Friday freedom was my reboot and I'm hoping that that is all I will need to really get on track. Obviously there are a lot of things to learn in this whole juggling thing, but before Friday I felt like I was just barely keeping my head above water which I think Abby must have felt. Or perhaps she just needed a reboot too.

I'm in practically no pain anymore (thank you God and modern medicine). I've got the basic rhythm of feeding a baby every 2-4 hours again. I can fit into my grungy normal clothes - there is something fantastic feeling about wearing my non-maternity loungewear. Don't get me wrong I still have plenty of breadth to slim, but I just feel more normal in my own clothes. So, that and seeing the half pound or so every few days come off is enough to feel generally positive. Good even.

No comments: