Tuesday, October 30, 2007

New Day, Better Weather, the Promise of Brownies

Well I feel better. It is sometimes said pregnant women can be... a tad moody. I think this is said because it is... TRUE.

Still am not sure how my skin is going to continue to stretch for over another month... but glad that baby boy promises to be nice and healthily big... at least... according to my perception of the strain on my belly.

Need to make brownies for Halloween party at the school tomorrow. Someone remind me.

We went to the park again but this time it wasn't awfully muggy and as per usual other kids were there to play with. Then we ran into another friend while getting lunch so I didn't feel like Abby was so dreadfully disappointed with her day. I know, I know, every day does not have to be the best day ever, but yah know, in some ways as a stay at home mom it starts to feel like the feedback you get from your four year old is like an evaluation from your boss.

Perhaps that's where the new balance comes in Maggie was talking about when the second child joins the family.

Hmm. If Abby was my official boss I think my daily job description would look something like this:

Let me have doughnuts or ice cream for breakfast
Get me dressed in something special, rainbow, and sparkly
Don't brush my hair
Take me to Disneyland
Give me lollipops at Disneyland
Take me from Disneyland to a friend's house
Go away
Come back with treats and all the toys we saw on the commercials in between Spongebob episodes
Bring Daddy forth to wrastle with me
Supply paper and pens and help me draw treat stores
Let me run around outside without shoes on
Read five books to me, then let me read one on my own
Never ever suggest it is bedtime
Lay me down to sleep only when I am unconscious from exhaustion which won't happen for two or three days.
Find lots of special things to put next to me while I'm sleeping
Sleep next to me and hold my hand.



Simple really. Not sure why I never measure up ;).

1 comment:

diane said...

This may be a reportable case for the Labor Board...