Friday, August 31, 2007

Translating Abby

Abby and I were sharing a plate of tortilla chips. She took a bite from the middle leaving two sharp edges of the chip on either side of her mouth.

She giggles at me and says, "Mom, look, I'm an evening."

"You're a what?!"

"I'm a good evening."

I stare at her and realize much quicker than a normal person should...

In "10 Trick or Treaters" (A Halloween counting book) 10 trick or treating children start out the night and on each page another child is scared away when..
"A bat flew by" or
"A toad hopped near" or (pay attention)
"A Vampire croons, 'Good Evening'"

3 comments:

Juliana Shain said...

Oh my God, your child is a genius.

And one would not be able to appreciate that story as much if you hadn't let it unfold exactly as you did.

That's just fantastic.

diane said...

No, MY child is a genius!!! Good work!

Juliana Shain said...

.....which no doubt came from her genius DNA.