Saturday, August 18, 2007

Mysteries of the Universes...

Abby insists on wearing socks to bed. Every morning she wakes up wearing only one. Where does the other one go? Does she take it off in her sleep? Does one foot shrink temporarily and it slides off?

Some recent Abby quotes for my memories:
"Momma, I just don't think I'm the kind of girl that is good at sleeping"
(calling me in after she's been in bed for twenty minutes) "Mom, I don't like having these three pictures on my wall."
(time for bed) "But then I'll be alone! I don't want to be alone!"

Does anyone else get the idea she's just made for a southern accent? I think she's a southern belle trapped in a California family...

6 comments:

Creative Mama said...

She's a doll...

James Lamb / tvjames said...

Rachel's been doing some southern accently lately, too, for some reason... Especially "I don't want to go to bay-ahd."

She, too, is not good at the bed thing. She's learned that asking to go potty will buy her 5-10 minutes to sit in the bathroom reading instead of falling asleep like she's supposed to.

diane said...

Ah hah! So this is when the compulsory bathroom reader is born!

Ada said...

lol. Abby did that for a long time but eventually stopped.

The most southern word Abby has is dog pronounce "dauwwwwwg."

Chef Ed said...

lol... i used to have that same sock problem... but I was a little older... like at Westmont. I think it's busy feet while sleeping syndrome :) all the great thinkers have it.

diane said...

EVERYONE has a sock problem (well any one who is normal). You would think that someone would seriously investigate a mystery that transends generations and is as old as socks.