Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hard Day's Night

Hey, it's not even 2am quite... yet... that's sort of positive. That explains why my eyes are heavy - though I still know while laying in bed that sleep is nowhere near me.

What does Hard Day's Night mean? Does it mean the workday extends into Night?

Hmm. Despite a very nice beginning, it was a horrible terrible no good very bad day. While Pearl's visit went great, dropping Pearl off - specifically prying Abby away from Pearl's house was miserable.

Abby was inconsolable for a few minutes then was just emotionally sensitive for quite a while afterwards. Which, despite the rational part of my mind knowing has no reflection on me, ends up making me feel just crappy - I assume it's how men feel when they want to 'fix' something and women tell them they just need to feel or something.

Things were picking up as Abby entertained herself happily until Daddy came home and took her to Jamba Juice for an Orange Bleeng Machine, but as timing would have it, they got back just as Zoozie was picking me up for a girl's Wicked night. Abby was absolutely convinced Zoozie surely was there to save her from the monotony of home and parents and just stared forelornly at us as we left her standing there in the driveway as Daddy tried to coax her inside.

Now I can't sleep - completely handicapped by my twitchy limbs which consume my sanity. I already tried a shower and crying and push ups and so far, still just as bad as it can be.

On a nice note - leaping lizard is happy as a clam around this time of morning.

Oh, and I'm out of milk. And now I'm whining. Whine Whine.

3 comments:

Juliana Shain said...

Wait a minute. Did you go see Wicked tonight and not dedicate a single sentence of this blog to it? Or did I misunderstand that?

Ohhh.....Adi. I know you know this rationally, but you can't be so hard on yourself. The fact that she is able to feel, feel deeply, and express that are all wonderful things. It IS a reflection on you--on the fact that she feels completely free to love fully and then immerse herself in the misery of the experience ending. Other cultures do this their whole lives. The Western culture learns somewhere that crying is shameful and all emotion should be muted.

Your child is the raw human form. Rejoice.

diane said...

Wow julie..how poetic!!!

Dear me, daughter of mine. By the time LL is ready for the light of day, I think you will welcome a bit of labor. Also you can ponder on the fact that you owe your life to the fact that I loved being pregnant (well after the first three months anyway). I slept like a baby, ate anything (especially onions) and my extremities did not twitch..I fear without these gifts, unapprecated at the time, I would be, tragically, the mother of one.

It may help for you to know that, with fore knowledge, I would have endured all of your discomfort for the three more times it took...and still been grateful in the end. Hang in there dear.

Creative Mama said...

this too will pass...