Monday, August 20, 2007

Premature...

So, she isn't quite four yet, but most of these pictures were taken in the couple weeks prior to her birthdays... I had such an awful time originally taking her to get her picture taken that I don't have a good zero year picture and these aren't necessarily my favorite - but it seemed cohesive to have the white backgrounds. For years two and three there are two photo sessions to choose from (I still go back and forth between Picture People and JCPenny.) So, for consistency sake these are all Picture People.

Picture People in Santa Anita has only recently been making much effort to help Abby when she's unsure. The Picture People in Santa Clarita is awesome and always has been. JCPenny locally was the first studio to get Abby to have a decent time for her picture, but I have found their lighting doesn't always work right. I feel like there is a subtle subtle difference between the types of non-luxury studio pictures that I accept as still being great professional photos and those that really make one look ten times worse than in lucky candid shots.

It comes down to lighting to me and Picture People always seems to have the sort of lighting I like. And, since Abby doesn't detest the process anymore it is almost always worth it for me to go to Picture People... except... you know... there's always that 1 out of 3 time that JC Penny delivered such a better product - with just a little extra spark...

But anyway, if you hadn't figured it out...

This is 9/2004 (Poppa's low voice was used to distract Abby enough to let me scoot out of the frame)

Next came 9/2005 (note the "treasures" we brought with us in an effort to make it fun!)
9/2006 (a pro at understanding Mommy bribes with sugar plus - I think she was starting to secretly enjoy the attention)
almost 9/2007 (I couldn't resist going a little early. I was thinking before their birthdays Sarah and I could get a "September Baby" Picture People shoot for Abby and Micaiah).

6 comments:

Juliana Shain said...

They're all great. Number 2 is my favorite. Great juxtaposition.

Dave said...

She is one beautiful little girl. I don't think you need to worry about the "no prom date" thing anymore.

Ada said...

Thank you, though, considering her flirtation tendencies we may still want to contract Wesley anyway for trustworthiness sake.

Julie - that crying is just too painful... I felt like such a jerk!

Creative Mama said...

I was JUST looking at old photos of your dear lil one yesterday at zoozy's ... she was such a goreous baby... can't wait to see what your little lizard will look like... handsome... I know... and yes... lets go get pictures of our september babies...

Jen Gray said...

Ok, this is so funny because, hey, it sounds like it is all about me, but anyway....I couldn't help but get excited about my own little girl as I looked at the pics of Abby through the years. How fun to watch your baby grow up! I am excited and motivated now to make sure and get a one -year pic of Anna done.

Sarah is right--beautiful baby and beautiful girl. Can't believe how grown up she looks (sniff sniff). Does that mean I'll be one of those people who is continually telling her that "I remember when you were just a little baby?" ???? Yikes. We're such grownups now!

Chef Ed said...

all the effort you've made to get to picture studios over the years is priceless.