Friday, August 03, 2007

I dislike my own guts...

being squished up like they are currently being due to very happily expected baby. I get a sort of acid reflux - except not really - every time I eat a full meal because I assume my stomach (the organ not the abdomen) is ironically getting thinner as it gets squashed. I remember this and it's all good - actually it's fantastic compared to the first three months of sensations.

I seem to have some energy back, though it does already feel like I am more easily exerted.

Also, feeling the leaping lizard quite a bit and he is still living up to his nickname. In fact, I think all those feelings of kicking and pressing were too new for me to think about it when I was pregnant with Abby, but did anyone else carry the misconception before they got pregnant that a baby sort of had it's own space and stayed there? I am struck this time around with how I seem to be just in the way for the kid at the moment. He keeps pushing and pressing like he's annoyed with his confines... that or he's an adventurer wondering what will happen if he just stretches like so... He gave me a nudge with an elbow or knee last night so distinct I thought Steve had reached over and poked me. I looked over indignantly and Steve was innocently setting his alarm clock.

I have got the impression with both pregnancies that the babies have taken it into their minds that it is up to them to get themselves out of this odd purgatory they are stuck in. Pshaw they seem to say to trusting in modern medicine and don't even get them started on letting nature take it's course. So they wriggle and push and stretch until they get results... two and a half weeks early in Abby's case. Not bad, all things considered.

Oh boy. Trouble's coming... (lovable, cute squirmy trouble... but trouble all the same)

1 comment:

Creative Mama said...

HOORAY for little leaping lizard!!! Your little bundle of trouble... soo FUN! I can't wait for Abby, Caiah and baby lizard to case eachother around the yard... and get into mischief... ooo it will be fun!