Saturday, August 25, 2007

Video feature, Abby memories, Abby sick

A little background: I have all these cute little Abby videos from my little digital camera. However, until now I haven't figured out a good way to share them. I tried uploading them onto our mac website but space was an issue AND I can only update from Steve's work computer which makes no sense because the files are all on my computer.

SO once I saw Blogger had come out with a 'add video' link like the 'add picture' I got excited and started looking not only on my normal laptop but on the two other computers in the house for videos that are, in some sense, in danger of being completely lost if any of these computers crash and burn.

Anyway, this caused me not only to be excited, but annoyed and frustrated when it wasn't working from blogger due to any little tiny glitch that could happen; but also it caused me to look back and be sentimental etc.

The rant:

So, in my almost three year quest to get these stupid commercials up on the internet where more than myself can see them, I am now possibly required to sit here and type for a half hour because I think - I am not sure - but I think this time the problem was that the video took so long to upload that blogger signed me out. I'm glad I can do all this testing for y'all by the way! lol Of course I could probably do this a whole heck of a lot easier on youtube and you're all laughing at me right now, aren't you?
I thought you might be.
SIGH.
Because obviously youtube has all it's kink's worked out unlike this video thing that was released JUST TODAY on blogger.

How long do you suppose before it logs me out. SO after this one I want to upload a couple cute Abby one's that perhaps I could upload to youtube WHILE i was waiting for this one but then I'd be afraid that by navigating in another tab this sensitive blogger thing is going to explode or otherwise fail. I am on the old old laptop now. the one that outlived the one I got when Abby was born. So there is quite a delay as I type. Sheesh... I should at least test the youtube thing before going through all this pain and frustration right? right? but I'm already a third of the way done with this... and it will be the true test only if I don't mess around with other sites etc. this is going a bit faster than it seemed to be going I am not quite half way through in less than ten minutes.

I am amazed how little and how much Abby has changed in a year ... two years even. Because you know that first year a few months was the difference between sitting and walking or babbling and talking. And Abby has always been so very incredibly clear - especially once she had any words at all at her disposal. So, to an extent, I can understand her about as well now as I could at 18 months. She was just so verbal and so expressive.

It's also shocking how much time really has passed since I took a lot of these videos - some I could swear were only a few months ago are actually a year old.

It's the reason it's odd to see Abby interacting with younger and older kids - there is so little difference and so very much. This is apparently the oxymoron blog post.

At the moment Abby is taking a long nap to try to sleep off a fever. There is nothing more pathetic than a sick child. She wanted me there but not in the way of her feet and she didn't want me to play with her hair. When I got her out of the car this afternoon she had her head in her hands and said, "Goodness gracious, I don't feel good." I couldn't figure out if it was gas or car sick or what while we were driving because all she would say was that it was "the car is making me cry and cry and cry."

She took a nap and still woke up with a fever so I helped her back into bed and she just wanted me to be there. I got up to get her a tissue and she said 'but then you can come right back' and she grasped onto my hand for as long as humanly possible asking me to stay...

(update: she woke up at 1am needing to throw up. After which she asked me very kindly, "after youre done cleaning me, will you cuddle with me?" and once she was settled back down she said, "Holy cow, I feel yucky." I know it's probably difficult to communicate how much sadder/more pathetic it is when your child is sick AND polite. I was saying, just to say, "I'm right here" and she said, "Thanks.")

Ah, the other most pathetic thing is a sad child as Abby was when we had our last day of swim class. I hadn't realized she was sad until I opened the door when we'd got to the office and I laughed a little and said 'you look so sad' and she said 'yes, momma, thats the thing, I'm sad because I lost my friends'

And the other saddest thing is the dang video refreshed when it was about to finsh - I'm working on youtube now dammit... because you know even if it gets all the way to the end this time it's going to have an error because it restarted itself. Now Trying to do upload to both - though at least I'm remembering to upload different videos just in case this one doesn't work which is completely ridiculous to expect. I have a whole lot more faith in youtube I cannot believe I hadn't thought of that before.

I even feel comfortable leaving youtube loading while I do other things. Unlike this. blah - bitter much? yes, yes I am. Here we are back at almost there...still says uploading which is bad i think- i think it needs to be saying processing if its working. It's a race... and youtube wins hands down.

The only issue with youtube is besides sheer volume out there on youtube to help make me invisible - I can't set the videos to private AND share them here.

Anyway, I'm totally bombarding you with videos tonight - to make it easier you can go to my youtube 'page' to see all the videos I've uploaded so far to save them for posterity: http://www.youtube.com/adalynxcat

1 comment:

Albert said...

How she touches my heart! I hate it when she's got a bug -- but parents being willing to hold her hand?
Priceless.