Friday, August 03, 2007

Paranoia, Greed, or just plain Smart?

I'm signed up for one of those email alerts from a pregnancy website that emails me every week with the development of the baby and what to expect and changes in the mom and all that stuff. Every week they have a cute little suggestion of something to concentrate on for that week - like names or cribs or this week... (well next week - I looked ahead, is ANYONE here surprised?) it suggests taking off your wedding rings just in case you can't get them off later.

Well I never did have to take them off when I was pregnant with Abby, in fact, I know I had to take them off in the hospital?? Did I just put them in the big plastic bag with the rest of my clothes?? Odd. I don't remember. Anyway, point being my fingers didn't swell last time and so far I'm not gaining weight like I did with Abby, so there is no reason to think I'll have a problem this time.

HOWEVER ever since I read that little suggestion I feel like my fingers are getting claustrophobic.

So... I'm thinking of getting just a simple band (we're talking under 3o dollars here) to wear in the meantime so I don't have to worry about it.

5 comments:

Dave said...

I often think of myself as neurotic and then I read your blog. I'm just saying.

Creative Mama said...

Dave your funny... Ada... just wear your single band... I bet it will be much less stuffy without the other band...

Ada said...

Hey... don't get too comfy - just cuz you're not all the way to the dark side doesn't mean you're over in light fluffy non-neurotic land...

Sarah... but it's thin and ugly!!

diane said...

I wonder what kind of hypnotic subject you would make...my bet would be VERY good! Personally,I think that you would have at least ONE day's warning if your fingers started to swell...

Jen Gray said...

It's really funny to me that I thought the same thing when pregnant, like my finger was claustrophobic. I thought I was just being weird, but apparently there are other weirdos out there just like me!

I did like Sarah suggested and just wore the band. But my band has diamonds and I like it on its own anyway! =)

I don't think it would be that bizarre to buy a simple band for pregnancy. I thought about doing that if my finger actually got too big for my band, but never needed to.