Wednesday, September 16, 2009

On a Me Note

the kids and I are displaced for a couple days while the stain goes on for the new sunroom floor and stairs.

it's odd - like a forced vacation. Besides try not to leave my mom's place totally horribly in a disaster area there is not a lot I need to do here. Granted my mom wasn't here either - normally we'd probably get our heads together to sort out a Christmas project need or something like that.

Just a little unsettling - normally I'm surrounded with "to-do"s.

Before the floor guys got there we actually got a lot accomplished at home. We cleared out the garage floor (which had become a dumping ground of everything I'd clean out of the car for the summer since we were unable to park in there during construction and we'd routinely suddenly need the car ready to accept visitors.) So that's ready for us again (until we can afford to continue construction). We moved Abby's old bed down, brought the chair upstairs that Steve brought downstairs two Christmases ago, started sorting through the "cleaning out car piles", starting putting clothes away...

The dishes will be waiting for me I'm sure when I get back and the half begun sorting, but even if I was home I'd feel a little bit like a lot of stuff on my plate was off.

I have paperwork galore I need to take care of now... so... yeah... bye.

No comments: