Sunday, September 13, 2009

Abby's 6th Birthday Party

This is going to be all backwards because the family birthday party pictures are on another camera and that happened Saturday.

Abby has had a fascination with cook books ever since Julie got her a star wars one (or was that for me but Abby absconded with it?), but this last year seems to have really truly solidified her interest - my guess is that Gramma actually would help her make the things in the cookbooks thereby making the whole thing all that much cooler/more magical/and more exciting.

So for Abby's birthday they planned for a while what they would make for her cake. For her family party they made an angel cake (picture to follow) and for her kid party they made a Mermaid cake! how pretty is she!


I'm not sure what came over me this year but I was really trying to find something we could do that was different for us and good and low hassle. After waffling all over the place, I finally settle on Amy's Indoor Playground. I was a little worried the kids we were inviting might be growing out of it, but I really like them as a place and the potential was for a lot of fun. AND sure enough the fun was there to be had.

Steve threw himself into the bounce house (quite literally) but did not pace himself. I rarely saw Abby - she was just totally busy with her friends. Jack was exhausted by the end of the party. I was pretty much fine. I didn't have to worry about timing or anything because the people there did it for us. I just chatted around, took some pictures, ate crackers and cake (not together). It was very nice.

Dave and Steve having a domestic disturbance
My mom and I made skirts and capes as favors. This was98% my mom doing the work but only because she fired me after she saw my first wavering seam line.






















No comments: