Sunday, September 06, 2009

Guile Missing

Abby is still in her phase of coming into our room in the wee hours of the morning to sleep on the floor (we leave a purposely uncomfortable little blanket there). Sometimes she doesn't come in until daylight (the official rule), but basically if I'm asleep then I don't pay her any mind, she just lays down and is immediately asleep.

Miss Pat suggested this method. I don't argue much with Miss Pat's suggestions. So that's not my problem.

The funny thing is, as Abby was going to bed tonight she said, semi-frustrated, semi-bewildered, "Momma, everynight you say I can't come into your room until morning but then every night I do and you say yes" (ha, i don't SAY anything, but it is an implied yes by acceptance).

I laugh... well... what... how am I supposed to answer that? You're right - you're not allowed in!? I know how well that's going to work.

We sit around and discuss the problem for a while. She wants to come up with a plan that will help her stay in her bed at night. Me reading her books, and her getting to watch two movies were her suggestions.

I explained the bright lights of the tv weren't good for her eyes or brain at night and that I had to sleep - so it had to be a plan that she could do on her own - like read a book or put a cd on.

She was stumped, "Well, do you have any ideas, because I don't have any ideas at all."


She tried reviewing, stating the things we definitely couldn't do.

I totally want to do this with her, but I don't have any ideas... Honestly I think it will just stop one day.

But it was just so funny for her to be confronting me on my inconsistency. She doesn't quite get how badly that could go for her ;).

No comments: