Friday, September 04, 2009

Manhattan Beach

This picture makes me laugh.



If you have been around Abby more than five minutes in the last year or so you'll have become aware that sleepovers are her new FAVE thing in the world. Yes she still gets a little weepy when she misses me at night but that doesn't keep her from seeking these nights away... persistently and doggedly.

After months of planning, it was finally time to have the Uncle Aaron and Aunt Megan sleepover. I drove her to Manhattan Beach where Aunt Megan proved once again to be the coolest wife Aaron could have chosen by taking Abby on an adventure straight off until Aaron could get home.

There was a lot of baking treats from what I hear... and snack treats. Some movie night and quite a lot of deliberation of which side of the bed she should set up her floor sleeping area on. She settled next to Megan and got her hand held until she was absolutely completely totally unconscious.

Luckily she was so exhausted by all the fun she slept in til 8. Whoo. I always like it when I don't see horrible shadows under the eyes of her sleepover facilitators (*cough* Samantha *cough*).

My mom joined us in picking Abby up and spending a little time at the beach before heading home.

Look at how freaking handsome Jack is. I so seldom get good pictures of him because dang it he is just never STILL. Or if he is - he's intent on his cars and does not want to socialize for the camera.




2 comments:

Jen Gray said...

Whoo Hoo for happy sleepovers. So cute.

Also, Jack looks incredibly like Steve in those pictures. So handsome. Not like I have a crush on your husband or anything.

Creative Mama said...

what a wonderful time it looks like! xo