Sunday, September 13, 2009

It's not Nesting...

It's simple common sense that one should seize onto any urge of organization or cleaning that one has when one is usually lethargic and sad.

I finally emptied out the three laundry baskets I've been using as a closet and put the clothes and towels away.

After putting Jack and Abby to bed I got Abby back out of bed and moved her bed and wardrobe. This was big because the way we had the bed positioned she was too close to the ceiling fan when she climbed up her ladder. We knew we were going to move it but just hadn't had the time or energy. It might not be the bed's final resting place but it's finally totally safe even if she's half asleep for her to climb down from her loft bed. I kept having these fears that I'd hear a clunk as she got a whack from the fan if I'd forgotten to turn it off at night or she turned it on on purpose or whatever. Course I also had to move the wardrobe to make the bed fit... and the bins of toys and books... so I went ahead and organized all that... it's not beautiful like my mom would do it but its a start.

I did the dishes, half the trash (Steve did the other half), put the paint cans that have been waiting upstairs since June into the garage... fed my family mostly... next I really need to just do a run through on the toy room since Gladys will be here to clean tomorrow.

I'm expecting three weeks at least - five at most. I'm not quite ready to make up the hospital bag... though that urge is there. Of course one problem is that I've lost the need - I never use much from my hospital bag when I'm at the hospital. I wonder what I'll bother putting in there.

OH I know why it's not nesting.

It's momentum. This is what I keep telling everyone and no one believes me. I work best when I'm feeding off someone else's momentum. In this case, after a frustrating lull in the construction activity the different teams got the sunroom floor in, the ironwork (making life so much easier because the area and the kitchen are no longer potential death traps for Jack) done, and the downstairs bar cabinets in. To make that work we rearranged our furniture...

So you see? Nothing to see here. Just what I've been trying to prove all along. I am a good worker bee as long as I'm motivated by momentum!

3 comments:

Creative Mama said...

um. let me know when your done nesting so we can hang. xo

Jen Gray said...

Why are you so stubborn? NESTING. N-E-S-T-I-N-G.

I see no problem with it. : )

Ada said...

bah! I don't know what you guys are talking about... you're talkin' crazy. And Jen - update your blog I'm going thru withdrawls.