Friday, June 26, 2009

Universal Unfairness

Jack and I were home alone last night and he had urgently requested to play with the coins in Abby's room. Real coins, no magic.

I was watching tv while he played with them beside me. Suddenly I noticed he kept putting the coins on the wall. I looked over and he had somehow (I still don't know how) stuck a penny to the wall on his first try. The penny must have been sticky but I still find that pretty impressive considering our walls have extreme texture to them.

Anyway, for the next ten minutes I watched him try to repeat the success. And I just shook my head thinking that's just plain not fair. To talk in Oprah terms, the "universe" had told him that pennies stick to walls. And he's going to be confused for years because they don't actually very often. He's going to need therapy - he's going to lose faith in the whole system.

Tragic.

1 comment:

Creative Mama said...

:) or he'll invent a new way to carry money... all stuck to your clothes or something... you've heard of bling right?!?! ;)