Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Giving Away A Mattress

There are times I don't feel particularly pregnant at all still. Like now, moving the mattress from "the boys'" room to the living room was not over-taxing. Baby #3 moves very little... if anything he tends to weigh down a bit - like he hangs out at the bottom of his little bubble and pushes. Very useful in a few more months, buddy.

Anyway, I know from trying this before mattress companies have no interest in helping little ole me at all, because when I wrote down the information from Noni's bed at the condo (the only bed in years I slept peacefully in) the company couldn't tell me what the contemporary alternative was. These things apparently go in seasons like shoes and no one pays the least attention to patterns (which I'll bet you they DO do in shoes).

STILL the mattress I'm giving away was once in the big house (aka Scheidler Sr.) and I remember thirteen years ago when I would spend the night while Steve and I were dating (in separate rooms obviously) being shocked how comfortable it was. Now I knew I liked Steve and all, but who KNEW a mattress could make me feel such peace and happiness and morning sunshine! Er hmm... anyway, it's called, fittingly enough, "the back supporter" by Spring Air.

I can imagine this is why the sleep number beds would be cool - except I haven't found that extra firm beds are the key to my back... I'm not sure WHAT makes the mattresses that have made a difference for me different.

No comments: