Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Marriage

Sometimes in a blue moon when looking for small talk with Abby I think first and ask her a question she's actually interested in. Like today I asked which princess she would be if she could be (knowing her favorite is Ariel). No surprise she answered Ariel... then a pause...or Cinderella she adds "Because they are the only ones who get married at the end of their stories"

That can't be true I think - but sure enough in the traditional books and Disney movies we have of the princesses neither Sleeping Beauty nor Snow White have an actual wedding scene with white dress et. al. Jasmine and Aladdin sorta do but not in an Abby recognizable way.

Oh I say, and you like when they get married? "Yeah" and I probe, "Do you like Mommy and Daddy's marriage or just Princesses?" "I like all marriage."

Hmm... Why, I ask?

"Because everybody gets dressed up and gets to be so beautiful and everything gets to be so fancy."

Ahh. Cute. Weddings. If Auntie Samantha chooses to rope herself down to a husband one day Abby is going to expect some serious fancy.

Also, we were informed sheepishly by Abby that Nolan told her he was interested in marrying her. Abby feels nervous about this. Steve gets this panicked look on his face and I assure him Nolan is a good kid with a good family... and a bit of a lady's man is my guess, so I don't think we have to worry much about his intentions for awhile.

1 comment:

diane said...

Never to early to think about the rest of your life. She told me she was going to wait a while before she decides.