Thursday, June 11, 2009

Accomplishment List

I can choose to be paralyzed when Steve is away on business, or I can hitch my train to my mom and get things done:

Laundered every semi-needing launderable item in the house.
Discovered we are towel hoarders and didn't know it.
Injured my foot.
Got Abby to church anyway.
Moved our bed, shelf, rug, mattress, and Steve's clothing from our room to our new room.
Moved Abby's wardrobe, rug, clothes, new mattress, shelf, bench and dolls into her new room.
Sorted through and gave away or threw away my clothes, Steve's clothes, Abby's toys, Abby's clothes, Jack's clothes and my clutter in ALL the bedroom.
Steam cleaned Abby's rug (thanks Maggie!)
Ordered "the boys'" rug... installed said rug
Found out we are definitely having another boy.
Got to my doctor's appointment.
Got to Max's shower.
Fed everyone... most of the time.
Found out when the place tha we bought Abby's bed from says "est. ship date May 25" what they mean is "it's backordered til June 25."
Worked at the school.
Thanked MarySue for doing the school workshop.
Arranged to fix Steve's car/paid for completion.
Made cookies.
Ate cookies.
Finished Dec 2007-Dec 2008 family album.
Nearly completely Jack's baby album.
Ordered a lot of photos I didn't use.
Ordered a lot more photos I won't use but might so I really needed to order them.
Remembered why I stopped using Snapfish.
Remembered why it might be worth the hassle.
Selected and picked up paint for Abby and the boys' rooms.
Enlisted help to paint said rooms.
Helped do detail non-fume oriented painting in said rooms.
Found new curtains for Abby's new room.
Found all but one piece each of three of Abby's puzzles.
Got Jack addicted to Jamba Juice
Went to Miss Pat's retirement party.
Took pictures for Miss Pat's retirement DVD.
Found and tasked my mom to put the old slipcover on the flower chair.
Tasked my mom to paint the dresser for the boys'.
Made a lot of decisions.
Kissed Jack many many times.
Hugged Abby many many times.
Changed a diaper or two.
Showered at least twice... I think.
Painted three stripes in Jack's room.


most of all I am proud to say I was not just sitting but actually contributed to some of these things.

2 comments:

Creative Mama said...

A-MAZING.

diane said...

You forgot: Packing up all the DVD's, cleaning up the dining room table, cleaning out all the downstairs cabinets and drawers to prep for demolition, sorting socks, making decisions...and then some