Friday, June 26, 2009

Dorothy, Here's How...

If you don't have an elmophile in your household this will make very little sense. Hmm, wonder if there's a youtube clip...nope...

Okay so here is how it goes. Elmo introduces the topic for the day and his pet fish Dorothy always wants to know MORE about whatever the topic that has been introduced is. SO, they throw kids at Dorothy to narrate "this is how I brush my teeth" or "this is how I get ready to play in the snow" or "this is how I pretend to be a fish."

Jack has recently become obsessed with Elmo and I couldn't be happier. I love Elmo. I really do.

Jack points anxiously to the tv that currently houses an Elmo dvd every morning, or anytime he comes home actually. He even started to sing along with the La la la la portion of the theme song.

Abby used to love Elmo, now she doesn't mind him but thinks most anything else is more exciting. All the same, she doesn't fuss when Jack wathes Elmo. Instead, she has become obsessed with being one of the kids that tells Dorothy about things.

Wednesday night she began narrating in the exact same deadpan/sing song (if you'd seen these segments you'd know what I meat by that) tone of voice things to a pretend Dorothy.

I found this funny enough even before it went completely out of control.

I decided to take a shower. And this is how it went:

"Dorothy, my mom said she was going to take a shower. I asked her if I could take the shower with her" (pause: real voice: Mom, can I take a shower with you? Yes I say.) "She said yes. So I followed her into the bathroom, she put on the water." (Here's your towel, Abby) "She told me which towel was mine. Then she checked the water. It was too cold. Then she turned the knob and it was just right. She told me to get in so she could shut the door. I did. (she goes on, I leave her to it, taking my shower, until I hear...) Then she told me she loved me with a smile. (I pause... er... right ok, I love you, I say with a smile... I am amused at the narration becoming dictative... but wash Abby hair for her and hear...) I told my mom I didn't want my hair washed, but she didn't listen..."

OOOooh. Dear. Too funny.

2 comments:

Creative Mama said...

aaa pretending... endless hours of amusement... for both them... and us!

Albert said...

O my Abby!