Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Interference

I am so sick of trying to decide if something doesn't go my way or as planned if that in itself is a nudge from God to go the way provided rather than the way planned.

As many a pastor and speaker have said, when we're not talking about options that would directly conflict with God or the Bible, then we shouldn't spend too much time worrying about them. Pray, sure. Be open, definitely, but don't spin around in circles for years worried about it.

STILL... because I highly believe in being open to God if just by chance He was prompting me that some greater blessing was available HERE instead of THERE, when things crop up like they just did, it throws me.

Part of it is I'm not so worried about these sorts of things for me - it's for my kids, and not just because I love them so, but because it's a lot of pressure to be a parent - to be their advocate not having any idea which will be BEST amongst a decision between fines.

Yes yes, I know, we will make whatever we do the best we can.

Ugh. So I signed up for the first four weeks of Kindergarten Transition Summer school and just got notified that we were enrolled into the second. Well I didn't even put that as an option so I planned my whole summer around the firs session.

Of course I CAN make it happen. I can cancel to the two things I have even though one of them is VBS and is always wonderful. I can see the good of having a longer break between graduating and starting summer school. But do I just... let it go? No, that doesn't seem like a good idea. So I have a call into the school to find out why and if it can be switched then I have to make a decision... AGAIN.

gah.

Edited to Add: Letter school sent out was just wrong. odd. So, all is well.

2 comments:

Creative Mama said...

dude. get it together PCS.

Ada said...

Hey I'm just thrilled it was a mixup that they had already caught!