Wednesday, February 20, 2008

While I'm Standing




while Jack sleeps in the Moby against me, I'm still messing with pictures. Considering that I've changed these to .jpgs which have reduced quality and uploaded them with "small" quality, I think I'm getting there.

The only issue I have is that in order to get things as clear as she does, there has to be such controlled circumstances. Or, should I say, in order for me to get things as clear as she does.

I'm just itching to get models out in a park setting when I'm not forcing them (i.e. Abby - i.e. the expressions on Abby's face in my examples).

The other thing, besides light (which is the #1 element I have not been using properly), is the intimacy that she gets. She doesn't work magic with kids, but she does get nice and close so that the eyes always seem to be showcased. I'm realizing I don't get that close. I am much more an observer - and I get neat pictures like that, but I don't get her style, so I really want to master my own version of her style. I know I still like my style... but I want to wrap hers in along with mine.

1 comment:

diane said...

I agree. Do more flowers..in my new life I want to paint flowers...and I need to "see" the possibilities.