Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Britax: At least it was easy...

Shannon is the master of consumer research. Once she told me about Britax car seats, I started seeing them everywhere in the back seats of discerning parents everywhere. I bought the Regent for Abby mid-last year and, besides being the size of a small love seat, it was great. I could tell it was more comfortable and I certainly felt safe considering all the research.... and the super cool special hookie latchie things on the latches.

Well three weeks ago I went to buckle Abby in and one of the harness belts had completely frayed through. It was separated completely. It should freak me out more because I had no way of knowing it was fraying as the problem section is within the seat/between the cloth of the seat and the underbelly of the seat. And who knows how long it had been totally unsafe - as the merest of tugs to get Abby's arm through was what presumably finally severed the belt.... but who knows - maybe it was severed earlier and this was teh first time I tugged hard enough to expose it.

Well, oddly enough I'm not freaked out. I was extremely annoyed that I now had to deal with customer service who's hours are east coast and east coast LIGHT. Seriously they close generally by 1pm my time except on Fridays when they close at like 10am my time. AND they have all holidays off. And no weekends.

So I finally called, ready to call in the guard if they gave my crap about a receipt I do not have and they just asked for the batch date and number and promised a new harness delivered Monday or Tuesday. Well... good then!

Now the question is, can I convince Abby to get back into it.

No comments: