Wednesday, February 20, 2008

DUI

You know, there is a reason they don't like you to drive exhausted any more than they like you to drive drunk.

I got a nap yesterday and it's like my brain is functioning again. For how long? Probably not very. But I am trying to capitalize on it while it's present.

Plus, I've decided one shouldn't eat while exhausted. Or try to run one's own life either. Or listen to any emotions had while under the influence of exhaustion.

I'm quite serious about wanting to lose these last ten pounds (and I wouldn't mind it if was 15, but I'm just trying to get back to good before I go for great). However, the last couple weeks my eating... well... my desserting anyway... has not reflected that I care about losing weight at all.

And now that I have an inkling of a brain back, I think I know why. As previously noted in long ago blogs, I like to cope with food (hey, alot of people do), and I think I was coping with dessert. Now that I'm fully conscious I'm having no needs to eat the last of the cake or make cookies.

I mean, as soon as we have kids we all very quickly realize that sleep was a treasure we never fully appreciated before we had kids. We also tend to realize how vital it is to functioning like a human...or close to like one. We talk about it and get it but seldom do I do enough to make sure I am grasping what sleep I can. I.E. I could go to bed during Jack's 8 or 9 o'clock nap rather than staying up for his final sleep round at 11. That way when all hell breaks loose in the early morn, perhaps I can actually function, take Jack out into the living room to chill rather than just repeating in a hazy monotone, "What's going on?"

SO new day and all that...

I'd like to sleep.
Walk during the day so I get some sunshine.
Do pilates because it gives me peace at night...
Have chocolate chips as my dessert
Find a coping skill for anger/frustration (as it seems like that is the first emotion I jump to. Like I need a funny or sweet song - something I can immediately use to switch off the other stuff- a praise song always works nice. Back in high school when I was frustrated with friends I would repeat a verse that both encouraged me and made me laugh at myself as the verse is probably dealing with death and dismemberment while I was dealing with the class clown not being quiet in class when I thought he should be. But if its music that is inspirational, it might be even cooler...Shoot, I know one I want to use but for the life of me I can't remember it... it goes like this... "and daaaaaaaaaaa da daaa da da da da da da daaaaaaa da daaaaa da da da da..." you know it?)

3 comments:

Dave said...

Yeah, that's easy. Its the theme from "Jaws."

Ada said...

That should knock anger right out and replace it with fear... right back to square one.

Anonymous said...

Poppa says:
It's "I Did It My Way" - By Frank Sinatra