Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bizarro World

Jack has not been his normal sleepy self at nights/mornings. I've been, therefore, even more sleepy. Today, determined not to be distracted, I lay down with him when I got home from dropping Abby off at school. And... eventually... we both slept!

I woke up at noon (which is when I should have been waiting outside Abby's classroom door), put my sweater on backwards (unnoticed until I WAS standing outside Abby's classroom door), and jetted to school. As it was the day after a holiday and two sets of kids needed to do their talk-share - they weren't even out.

So here I am - rested, with no particular plans for the day, and Abby asking to rest on the couch.

Odd...

perhaps I've accidentally entered...

another dimension.

2 comments:

Jen Gray said...

Just goes to show you.....just when you think you've got it all figured out, those darn kids go and change things up on ya! It keeps you on your toes. : )

Hoping you start getting some good rest soon. I love napping with baby. So sweet!

Jen

Anonymous said...

Poppa:
There's one of the reasons why mothering is heroic