Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sleep Complications

So, I thought I was pretty much over the 'Steve's gone' sleep paranoia (you know, where friendly neighborhood murderers have had nothing better to do than to just wait around the corner for this opportune time to visit my house). I was excited about getting to sleep tonight in fact... no worries.

Oh except my nocturnal neighbor is working on his car and I can't distinguish between his random clang of tool against metal or a clunk of who knows what from those opportunistic murderers I mentioned. These are loud clangs and this is a big house.

*sigh* Now I'm tired, out of scrapbook pages, and starving. Making muffins would probably not be a great sleep remedy would it? Shoot, too late, I must have them.

Oh, don't get too jumpy neighborhood murder squad, Steve gets back way before you have time to plan your break-in.

8 comments:

Dave said...

All things considered, your mind seems to do you more harm than good.

Ada said...

And I got this way withOUT watching the Wombles... fascinating...

Creative Mama said...

o sad... i hate that paranoia... doesn't help when there real noises to be potentially fearful of... although at least you know someone else is around and awake is something did happen...

Dave said...

Maybe you should give a heads up to the guy stealing tools out of your garage to keep an eye out for intruders. It never hurts to have an extra set of eyes.

Ada said...

Ooo. That's a good idea, except they finally made enough money from theiving to open their own business: "Beasel* and Remy*'s Hot and Toasty Churros"

*names stolen from Mancie's Friends Blog

Sarah - yeah, I thought of that... though said neighbor is so intent on car, I'm thinking chivalry would escape him in the moment.

diane said...

Remember when you didn't have a kitchen door..only the screen thingie? And it was night and every sound was scary? It didn't help that every car that passed turned on the porch lights... Things are much better now. Where was Steve?

Juliana Shain said...

A guy is really changing his head gasket at 2am?

That's pretty rude.

Juliana Shain said...

Since he's nocturnal, I say you mow the lawn at 2PM. That'll get 'em!!