Sunday, September 23, 2007

"Jack"

Okay, look people. I don't know psychologically why I am so reluctant to give out 'the name'... My only guess is because a) I don't like how people react if they personally don't love the name and I don't really care how anyone else feels about it, but at the same time it's just a 'get lost' sort of moment... at least it is when I'm hormonal b) I happen to know Steve quite well. And it is entirely possible that he will change his mind about this name before the "end".

Steve brought up the name a month ago or so, but didn't want to be tied to it. Since then I've asked him every few days, "Any change? Feel any stronger about it?" And the answer has been generally positive but nothing too concrete.

Finally, after he got home from Alaska, he'd decided. Whoo hoo. I feel good about it. We had two middle names decided for sure depending on the first name. Paul because both our father's middle names are Paul or Ellsworth which was Steve's grandfather's middle name.

SO... here is your first glimpse of...

"Jack Ellsworth"




(the fuzziness on the side of his face is the placenta which he was burrowing into and the foot like thing near his eye is... his foot - he's a bit flexible at the moment)

And would you like to know my favorite "Jack" correlation? If his behavior inside the womb is any indication, I will be calling him "Jack-Jack" after... well... Jack-Jack from The Incredibles.

3 comments:

Jen Gray said...

I love the name...and Jack feels honored that you have chosen to memorialize him in this manner (what? you aren't naming your son after our cat? Oh well, just don't tell him, I don't think he could handle knowing that.). Seriously, love the name. Adam wanted Jack for Anna if she had been a boy, but really, I just couldn't name my child after my own pet. Someone else's pet, yes. My own pet, who is still very much alive, not so much. But enough about me.

Ada said...

OooO the positive Jack associations are just everywhere!

Chef Ed said...

again... why do i learn things things from your BLOG? pffffft! although, the one thing I hesitate to ask my preggo friends if about the name. maybe it's because i feel they've been asked that question a gazillion times or maybe it's because i figure it's on a need to know basis.... who knows...hmph. i'll get over it. on the less self-centered side of the fence... VERY happy for you that you have a name!!!