Thursday, September 13, 2007

Messing with Time

There is nothing that will scramble my mind's sense of time more than catching up on the picture albums.

You mean I really only gave Abby that haircut in 2007? You mean she's only been in school one year? You can't tell me that was in November and not May... Which Thanksgiving did we do that?

For example, it is supremely odd that I started out 2007 not pregnant and will be ending 2007 with a baby boy! I like this whole get pregnant and have a baby all in the same year - I have yet to cross over years in pregnancy. That way it is totally confined - pregnancy and birth - oh that must have been either 2003 or 2007 and that should be pretty easy to distinguish!

Speaking of time - the other time warp is the first day of school. Today is Abby's 2nd First day of school and just like the first First day, the time just seems eternal. It's glorious, I know she's having a fabulous time (while other kids are holding tightly to mommy's neck, Abby is once again confirming, "So when I go to Miss Janet, you're going to leave, right? You and the other mommys are going to leave today?"), the school isn't doing me a favor and it's just the beginning. Ah, but I know now by next week the three hours will rush by but today, I'll enjoy the time warp and let my mind bend in pretzels trying to figure out when this picture was taken...

2 comments:

Dave said...

My stomach tightens just thinking of all the pictures we've got to put in albums. I was just telling Shan last night that I am slightly overwhelmed by how far behind we've gotten. Problem is, every time I get started and make progress, I find another stack from another camera from months before and I have to start all over again. (Deep breath) Thanks, that helped.

Creative Mama said...

Ada... I love the way you process life... the way you approach motherhood... let me know if we can help with abby at all while Stevo is gone...