Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Sunday Four Years Ago...



I do not get particularly sentimental on Abby's birthdays. I could say it is because the years pass so quickly. But I think it is more accurate if I say that it really feels as if no time has passed at all. In my heart I still see her as this little bundle. Her facial expressions affect me in just the same way, I love her with the same indescribable certainty, and I want her to be happy with the same intensity (read: worry).

If anything, I get more sentimental about how our little family has grown up and bonded together. The closeness I have now, the need I have now for Steve as husband and father of my treasure(s), I could not have understood before. I'm proud of us and of Abby and I do wonder why she was only one years old for a day, and I think she may have skipped age two altogether.

(p.s. the grandmas will be forever bitter against the nurse who did Abby's hair like that)

2 comments:

diane said...

She still looks just like that..such a distictive little face (to a grandmother at least).

Albert said...

I was in awe then and still am. What a sweet face!