Friday, September 28, 2007

It was quiet, too quiet...

SO Abby has been getting up a little before 5am the last two mornings (most likely because Steve has been leaving for a shoot at 4am and I think her little internal clock somehow blinks at her when she hears Daddy in the shower). Yesterday morning she fell right back asleep in my bed which was fine. This morning, she was not tired... which was not fine (I had gotten maybe two hours of sleep at this point and I knew I'd have a big day and needed sleep so I didn't kill us on the road).

After some fussing she started to get out of the bed. I asked her where she was going and she said, "I'm going to go take care of me."

I told her I wanted her to stay in her room. I heard her in her room, strumming her guitar, playing the harmonica, half-scolding, half- encouraging her dolls... and she'd come back and forth and at some point I fell back to sleep.

I woke up to her wanting a quick cuddle before the alarm rang. And then she started talking about the brownies. Uh-oh, my internal alarm went off, the brownies had been downstairs - left from group last night. Which meant... I had been both asleep deeper than I realized and for longer than I had realized which meant... Abby had had the run of the house for a good hour. That is a LONG time.

I didn't have much time to wonder what had happened in that time because I had to get us to school early as it was a workday. But when I got home this afternoon I started noticing eerie odd things out of place. She must have been through every room - not destroying it thankfully but just sort of... investigating... going through shelves I wouldn't normally allow, unplugging computers (probably so she didn't trip on the wires) and finding the brownies and putting them...somewhere. I haven't found them yet.

I'll let you know when I do.

2 comments:

Dave said...

My guess is you'll find the brownies in her upper intestine.

Chef Ed said...

if it were me... they'd be in my belly :)