Monday, July 30, 2007

What on Earth to do with myself?

Well, Harry Potter is wonderfully and beautifully done.

Deep Sigh.

I suppose I will have to concentrate on the rest of my life now.

We start the grand, "cooking in" experiment tonight. Had our first household meeting last night which went well despite me being cranky feeling as if life as I know it is certainly ending.

It's funny, I started thinking about it and realized I never ate out if I could help it up until getting pregnant with Abby! That's only a four and a half year habit to get out of. What happened was that I was happily cooking my chicken fajitas nightly and when I got pregnant I couldn't handle handling the meat or even eating something I'd basically prepared.

So really, this shouldn't be nearly as traumatic as it feels. And on one hand, it really shouldn't be difficult because when we tried this last winter the biggest temptation was a taco bell or del taco run which derailed my efforts because it was cheap and easy. BUT I can't eat either of those things so I'm bound to be miserable with what I eat no matter what it is, so I may as well make it myself and feel that satisfaction.

We also start the grand financial planning experiment - or at least getting the meeting established this week. It's seemed like a silly thing to embark on in a time of life when we don't know when the next paycheck is coming or what it will be so we're just coasting - not spending money, not paying off debt, and getting blasted by 200 dollars for a doctor appt here and 300 for the car there. But we're in the mode of getting the things in order that we have been putting off so, embarrassing though it may be to go in there in our current situation, we're going in all the same.

What else have we been putting off you ask? Making a baby - Check. Naming a baby? Er, hmm... moving on...

Let's see... cleaning the laundry room - might need Gramma's special touch for that.

De-cluttering? Theres really just one clutter issue and that is the wall of shelves downstairs. And really - what else do you do with non-pretty shelves but put stuff on them? I'll work on that.

Things we still have to put off for financial reasons:
renovating downstairs (remove paneling,sink, add carpet or tile to cover stone, hide pipes, etc)
redecorating downstairs (new rug, new couch)
figuring what room baby boy will have once he moves out of ours (complicated by screaming neighbor)
car that fits infant seat (unless financial adviser figures a responsible way)

2 comments:

diane said...

Whew. I am rooting for you.

Creative Mama said...

MAN! Are you in full nesting mode? If want the name of our finanical planner... he's well worth his annual fee.... $500 or 600 ... much love