Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A purpose...

I thought of how everything comes round to having a purpose last night when Abby wanted to hold my hand all the way home from the airport and I just happen to have rubber joints that allow me to do that from the front passenger seat.

She doesn't look big to me actually - she looked so small and precious when I found her playing with two girls also waiting for someone to get out of the airport. Snicker. Trust her to find playmates. She gave me such wonderful hugs and affection. Mostly it was:

"You can't be going to England for so long."
"I was missing you so much!"
"I wasn't wanting you to be going to England for so long, next time I can go with you."

I have to try to nap here. But it's ALSO Steve and my wedding anniversary. Whoo hoo. Too bad neither of us remembered when we woke up this morning! Of course that may have had something to do with the greenish brain matter snorting out of my nose at the time.

As for Harry. Not sure if I'll want to make a bigger blog later about it - but it just makes me... literally so happy that it's done and that I could trust her. It really and truly gives me peace. Being that we are who we are, my mom and I have both worried over one of us dying or JKR dying before the last book could come out. So... it honestly feels like a big old life goal has been completed. I know we all have different passions, different things that float our boat. But my worlds, my passions, as I've said before, go a lot deeper than preference or enjoyment or hobby. This is serious business, the things that really and truly love. This is like family. And I have different expectations for passions either book or movie or tv (as said before, movie and tv especially are so often swayed by actor or network issues and can't be counted on quite the same as an author).

So for me to have trusted JKR in this very vulnerable place of mine and for JKR to have fulfilled that trust. It just warms the whole world for me.

I desperately want to at least have a tee-shirt that says: *spoiler warning* *highlight to see*

HARRY LIVES!!! (ala frodo lives)

10 comments:

Dave said...

While admiring your spoiler warning technique, I have to ask - what do you mean by "Frodo lives"?

Ada said...

Back in the height of Lord of the Rings popularity... well - was it re-discovery in the 70s? The big fan debate is whether or not Frodo going off with the Elves was equivalent to death. So people made up shirts saying, "Frodo Lives!" While there is certainly no debate with Harry - you have to admit it's appropriate.

James Lamb / tvjames said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ada said...

Why would they do that to you??!! Well honestly, James, that's the least of the surprises... Sorry!!

James Lamb / tvjames said...

breathing more deeply. finding my center. that wasn't very nice of me, was it?

congrats on your anniversary.

diane said...

What am I missing about the "spoiler warning"? I tried highlighting and nothing happened. Now I see that it has something to do with Frodo...some times I hate technology.

Did Abby tell you that she was going to Russia? She says there are really nice things there.

Ada said...

James! You didn't need to delete! Though, I do have to say, you should have known that I wouldn't be that happy about the book if it had gone the other way. Brilliant or not, I'm not that forgiving. And what did you mean #2 fan? Or perhaps that was the part you felt wasn't nice and therefore removed?

Mom, I don't know what to say, you are doing it wrong. Highlight with your mouse the lines below the spoiler warning.

James Lamb / tvjames said...

yeah, I needed to delete. no, it was the first two words that I wanted traces of removed.

I have a co-worker, Todd. If you need to know anything about Star Wars, Star Trek, Transformers, LOST, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc., he is the one to ask.

You may have the gold and red scarf, but on Friday, he wore a blue and gold oxford tie (it was the closest thing he had) and the full preppy get-up. And with his red hair, everyone was calling him Todd Weasley. I snapped a pic with my camera but Cingulat&t was having problems sending it to my blog so it's still trapped on my phone.

Juliana Shain said...

Oh. I thought you really wanted the t-shirt to say, "Spoiler Warning...Highlight to see."

I thought it was just another Hairy Podder reference that I don't get.

diane said...

Thank you Julie.