Sunday, July 08, 2007

Leaping Lizard!!! It's a.....

BOY!!!!


(revised to add story)

SO. It all started because Shannon mentioned she'd found out Julia's gender at 16 weeks. I was about to be 17 weeks along and my impatient little mind got to working. I would be seeing both families in their entirety for my birthday and it would be the perfect time to announce. So I found a place in town that had an appointment early on 7-7-7 and off we went.

It was funny actually because on one hand the technician seemed to be delaying the gender check (I think part of this was because she assumed it was our first baby and that we would be wowed by arms and legs etc. Pshaw - we've seen all that - we're looking for what color clothes to buy lady!!) but on the other hand, even while I was trying to be patient and appreciate the moment the tech said, "Whoop, and I think I just saw what you're looking for" which was the first clue. But even so I didn't want to be all excited that it was a boy if actually it was a girl and I just didn't understand what she was saying.

SO baby boy was not shy in the least and apparently there's no room for mistakes.

I do feel exactly like this is starting over but at the same time some of the important things I wish I'd known for Abby will apply to this baby. I'll know (though I'm sure I'll still comment on) just how shocking it is to be tied to a little wriggly soul again. I'll know (not sure if I'll struggle with this one this time) that Steve can take care of any situation with baby even if I am the food source. And I'll know that each day I struggle with something (a phase, an objective, a sickness) is a day less I'll have to deal with it before we move on to something else.


7 comments:

Jen Gray said...

oh BOY oh BOY! And I'm the first to post!

Congratulations! Now you'll have the experience of parenting one of each! So excited for you!

Ada said...

Er Hmm - you stayed on aol like two minutes after you said hi... I can't get anywhere in two minutes!!

Maggie B. said...

Yippeee! I am so excited for you guys!

James Lamb / tvjames said...

(the deleted one is mine because I biffed the quote.)

Congrats.

On one hand, your job just got a little bit easier because "when you have a boy, you worry about one boy. when you have a girl, you worry about all boys."

On the other hand, the badvice typically says "Baby #1 a girl and baby #2 a boy? That means that everything you knew about babies? Forget it. You're now as clueless as a first-time parent."

heh heh

Lori said...

So exciting to find out, isn't it?! Congratulations :)

Albert said...

Two doses of pure happiness? Mmm .. wow .. !

Juliana Shain said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!!

A boy/girl combo...something we know a little bit about.

How fun. A totally new experience.

And yippee for the world to have a really good man about to enter onto the scene. Whoo--hoo!!!