Friday, July 27, 2007

Harry Potter - trail of tears - SPOILER

So, I've finally shed some tears over this book. Everyone understands there are spoilers here right? Because there are, though I will try to be sort of kind of not totally clear for people that don't read the books but watch the movies... hopefully you'll forget these references in the four years before the 7th movie comes out.

Anyway, of course I teared up during Harry's walk thru the Forbidden Forest. But what still hits me emotionally is his run through the battle after that - when he's rushing in for the final fight and sees everyone fighting around him. My first few times reading through that I was more concerned with Harry than thinking much about anyone else. But this last time through I was struck to realize everyone fighting then is fighting under the impression that they've lost Harry. And that makes their passion all the more fierce obviously. In particular, Hagrid's show of brute strength - which, if I'm not mistaken, we don't see any other time in the series though he is obviously the strongest and more formidable of characters - is what gets me. I love Hagrid - particularly in the beginning I was very very attached to Hagrid. And then, I think, as Harry needed him less and saw him more as a flawed, full person, so did I. Well, in this book I feel Harry gets a big sentimental over everyone as death is so constantly at everyone's heels... and Hagrid, I felt, was again an important part of the heart of Harry. He's just a big bundle of emotions anyway, isn't he? And so his grief and, in turn, his rage affects me quite deeply.

BUT what I've decided I'm looking forward to most now of the rest of the Harry Potter journey plays out in the theatre is the TRAILER for Movie 7. There's nothing quite as impactful as a trailer and there are some seriously trailer worthy scenes from this book. Whoo HOO.

3 comments:

Dave said...

I feel as though with every Harry Potter post you make I have a duty to say something, although in a strange way all comments seem far too obvious to make. So I sit in silence.

Ada said...

That was poetic actually.

diane said...

Yes. Very sensitive really.